View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #23
ProjectM96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
ProjectM96,

The car looks good. I know how hard it is to maintain black paint and it looks like you are doing a great job.

How did you go about plastic dipping the wheels? Are you going to remove it in the spring? If so, how will you do it? Lastly, is there enough material on the wheels to worry about wheel balance?

Thanks,

ddb
I removed wheels and put them flat on ground for even distribution of plasti dip. Cleaned the wheels with a basic wheel cleaner spray. Dried them. Then I sprayed the plasti dip on there just like that. Gave each wheel two coats using two full cans total. $6 per can at home depot. I got some on tire but it does not matter. It is not noticeable. When and if I decide to remove it, It just peels right off with no problems as you can see on youtube. Search PlastiDip wheels. Two coats is very thin. It is as thin as electric tape. Most people put 4 or 5 coats, but I did not feel like buying another can when it already looked good with 2 coats. I did the entire job in 1.5 hours including waiting time for the wheels to dry (20 min per wheel). I did them one wheel at a time because I only had factory stand to lift the car.

Last edited by ProjectM96; 11-16-2011 at 07:08 PM.
ProjectM96 is offline   Reply With Quote