View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
The cheap Porsche you buy will more often than not be the most expensive car you've ever owned.

I made this mistake in 2004 with my "outrageously low-priced" 97 Boxster. Oh how I wish I had waited, saved for three more years, and bought a much younger Boxster with a service history from an owner who cared for the car and kept up with the maintenance, repairs, and the replacement of wear items (bearings, struts, control arms, etc.) which wear out a LOT faster than on "normal" cars.
don't feel too bad. If you'd a waited three years to buy my 2000 S you'd be paying the same $10+K plus bill, oh wait front control arm bill just came in and it's a doozey....so yeah nearly $12K out of yer wallet. And I still have another $2K in this and that left to do. I'm going to have to reconsier plans for Porsche #2, or at least how I go about it. Maybe it will be CPO pcars only. No Porsche is a no go. Last time I was without the car for a month (lots of work) I was feeling some big time withdrawal, put on 10 pounds didn't shave and screened all my calls.
I've also thought about a second hand Lotus. I mean at least if the engine blows up I can pick up a Celica engine at the local Wal-Mart on sale.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote