View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
Perfectlap

Sounds like a winner. Even if you have to sink $7,500 into the car you're still evens.
I'm guessing service records are a no go, neither will the driver (ex hubby) help you there bud.
I'd factor in the LN IMS as a first order of business, even if fails are less common with autos (acutally I'm not even sure if that's true). It might need new rear tires, brakes/rotors, cats, shocks might be on their last 20%. Then there are the common break downs on the Boxster like the AOS, water pump, coolant tank, ignition switch. I had to do all of the above around that same mileage point.

And since you've never driven a manual then there's nothing to miss. Definitely get the PPI but have the cash ready to offer up the second the mechanic says 'good to go'. Make sure she sees the caysh in your hand. Fan it out and wave like a well.... a fan. I can't think of many women who aren't going yank that cash out of yer hand. Tell her that you heard major mainteance for these cars can easily run $12K so the most you can offer up without full records is $6000K and then tell her that these engines are notorious for exploding unexpectedly costing $15K to replace and offer to send her a link to LN's site so she can see carnage pics.

Oh man....you can have a field day. Just make sure to act quickly.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-15-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote