View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Beautiful car! Congrats.

And you'd only be considerd a defector if you bought a non-P car!
Thanks, I agree, it is beautiful. Even the wifey agrees....whew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycarreon View Post
have you watched your owner's video yet? you can go 15,0000 miles before changing your oil!
url]
Old Hurley said that with a straight face didn't he.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta View Post
Welcome to 993 ownership...it is a wonderful car, however, you will not be exempt of the dreaded secondary air injection issues, as your mileage is approaching the point. Just as Boxsters have their issues, all 3.6 993 engines will suffer from this problem at some point in time.

I suggest you go over to the Pelican boards and use the search feature to learn more.
Yep, I'm learning a little more about the 993s every week. MTS and JFP in PA have been kind enough to share info with me also. I'll likely tackle the SAI DIY next year sometime, looks very doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlow (Robo-Top) View Post
Tell us about the fun factor?

Is it more or less fun than the 986? If the fun is equal, how is it different?
To be honest, as of now I'd say the Boxster S is quite a bit more tossable and fun than this 911. I haven't really twisted it up though, still getting to know the car, I'll be able to better comment on this after I've driven the 993 more. Like others have said, the "different" has to be experienced, not trying to be coy, you just have to drive both awhile to know what I'm saying.

Last edited by coreseller; 11-14-2011 at 01:45 PM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote