View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #9
Perfectlap

^You DON'T have to do the chop. Eventually the plastic creates a bend that has memmory.
doing the chop keeps it from developing that natural crease. So if you're doing the chop it may make it worse if the plastic is now well maintained.

What wrecks the plastic is not regulary using Plexus to keep the plastic from becoming hard and brittle or not heating up the cabin if the outside temp is below 60 degrees, before lowering the top. Or in my case, when I used to park outside I once cleared off some ice using too much force and it created a tiny 1/4" puncture that got bigger. Otherwise my top is spotless and the plastic is crystal clear after a good Renovo/Plastic cleaning.

I'd also like to do an OEM retrofit. Having replaced my previous convertible with an aftermarket glass top I know there are stretching issues, which I found to be extremely annoying. and I'm not crazy about the smaller window but it does look much nicer. I'd rather replace the plastic window professionaly if the OEM top is not possible but I think have plenty of time since my car is garaged and only drive weekends.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote