View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
ChairmanRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatjoe View Post
Hello:

I'm looking to purchase either a bmw Z4, or porsche Boxster.

To date, I test driven many Z4s with an auto and manual tranny. The 2.5i (smaller engine) feels a bit sluggish (dull) with an auto. It was much more enjoyable to drive with a manual tranny. The 3.0i (larger engine) was fun to drive regardless if it had an auto or manual tranny.

I just started looking at the boxster. I'm trying to gauge if it's enjoyable/fun to drive with a auto (or not). What are you thoughts?? I know...ultimately it's up to me to decide, but many of you are more familiar with the driving dynamics of the boxster.

Yesterday, I drove a boxster with a 5spd manual, and it was fun to drive. I'm considering an auto because it's easier. But if it's a bit sluggish/dull, I'll just consider the manual....

THANKS...
I went back and forth for months between the Z4 and the Boxster and ultimately decided to go for the Boxster with the Tiptronic. It is a much "sportier" car, handling is better. The BMW, to me, is more "businesslike." I already have a BMW, so if I want to be businesslike I drive that, if I want to have fun I drive the Boxster.
ChairmanRon is offline   Reply With Quote