View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
BoxsterSteve
still plays with cars...

Garage
Not in school crossing zones or parking lots

My 2000 S also got the IMSR update in early June at ~47,000 miles. I'm glad I had it done; the old bearing was f#cked. Swapped t/o bearing & RMS while it was apart.

When I picked it up from my indie, he told me to drive it like a race-car, because that's how the car was engineered. M96 engines that get pussified like your grandmother's Accord tend to blow up before cars that get driven hard.

Get your car up to operating temperature, and then hammer it if you want to. If you want to drive it like a Prius, you should buy a Prius.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't wind it to 7k in every gear, every time I shift.

The car doesn't run at the dragstrip or blow donuts. That would murder whe dual-mass flywheel. I don't abuse it or drive it to break stuff.

BUT, if there's an open country road or a chance to howl past someone loafing on the highway, pedal to the metal. The engine wouldn't have a 7000 rpm redline if you weren't ever allowed to use it. That howl the flat six makes is sweeter music than anything I can play on the stereo.
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote