View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 06:11 PM   #16
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930
...That would pretty much eliminate the need for a 1000 mile oil change.

BTW, if a motor doesn't make it's spec rated HP it's torn down to analyze why. Because of this continuing analysis they have very few motors that don't make the grade.

Here's a quote directly from the Porsche website:

The following hot test is the final step in the engine production process. The engines are first of all heated up to operating temperature and then subjected to a functional test including full-throttle testing. Information in the form of up to 220 parameters is generated in this test of around five minutes' duration.

This ensures that Porsche's high quality standards are also met in the area of engine construction.
Hi,

You'll excuse me if I'm somwhat underwhelmed. Porsche may in fact run up their engines to confirm performance specs.

Too bad they don't also perform Quality and Durability tests, especially with respect to the RMS and Intermediate Shafts. These persistent Quality failures (prevelant through the entire 986, 996 model runs, with no apparent improvement through the years) are unconscionable for a Company with the past reputation for reliability. I mean, even Kia got this one right!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 09-16-2005 at 07:41 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote