View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
The last time would be never, but they're looking pretty clean at the moment...might be surprised when the bumper comes off, though. The car does fine when I'm in open air cruising at highway speeds...or more, lol...the needle drops to right past the 180's dash mark on the gauge. But in the city, in traffic, or behind a vehicle on the higway the radiators don't get as much of a cooling effect and the needle will creep closer to bisecting the "0" of the 180, kind of midway between the 180 mark and the next dash, which I believe is supposed to designate 215. I know our temp gauges are inaccurate, so I always assume the car's running hotter than what's shown once it's past the 180 mark, and colder than shown prior to that mark. Even though the needle isn't touching that 215 line, I assume it's running close to that temp.

My friend just really got me wondering what the reasoning is behind only using Porsche's coolant, because if I can indeed use this G12...well, why not if it works better? I just don't think I've come across anyone on here who has used a different coolant.

I do have plans, when funding makes itself available, to do several things to cool the car down, like a low-temp thermostat, 3rd radiator up front, S oil cooler, etc.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote