View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
papasmurf

I don't think I would consider a DIY job unless you had some downtime with the car to practice. There are lots of cuts you have to make (door handles, weatherstripping etc.) and if you do not have a steady hand you can have exposed areas (paint) underneath the wrap....just depends on how particular you are I guess. Most of the car would be pretty simple to wrap. The radiator intake areas on the front bumper can be a challenge but the boxster is probably easire than alot of other cars. The material is 3m scotchprint 1080....I am not sure what other colors it comes in but I have had samples of the matte black, matte silver, matte white, matte green (army), and black and anthracite carbon fiber. The silver was probably my favorite and is kind of a gun metal color....not really a metal flake though. I have not worked with the clear bra material myself other than removing it from my car. The wrap material is probably more forgiving in the long run. I am not sure about the durability as it is a fairly new product but the manufacturer suggests about 3 years outdoor durability. You might get a bit more out of it on a car as the sun is the enemy of all of these kind of products.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote