View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #8
GBrewer

I myself am not a Dealer. I work in the car business. I don't drive a demo. I've never driven a demo or have gone to an auction to buy any vehicle at "wholesale". Sure the mom and pop stores can just put a tag on any vehicle in their inventory and drive it for however long they want to and then just sell it on their lot when they get tired of it.

I've owned a vehicle for up to a year, this one I've owned for about 2 months. I paid cash for the vehicle from a private induvidual with my own money. It's a great car but I'm just looking for something different, preferably with a back seat. Price is listed as "firm" so I don't get lowballers.

By any means I'm not going to miss selling a car over a few hundred dollars but for the most part I expect to get at or near asking price considering book value is around $18.5k and trade is up to "13,500" as you said. If anyone is actually interested in the car please feel free to contact me.

I'm actually shocked at how some of the members on this forum talk trash and act. This is something you would expect on a Honda forum full of teenagers, not a Porsche forum. Grow up and spend your time doing something a little bit more productive because whatever you are trying to accomplish by doing such is a complete waste of your time.

All ignorant comments from non-buyers at this point will be ignored.

Furthermore, maybe both of you should read the Polices & Etiquette thread...
http://986forum.com/forums/latest-info/2531-986forum-policies-etiquette-reminder.html#post256298

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
Gbrewer. Work for a dealership? Private vehicle? Right, for this week maybe. Dealers don't have private vehicles,they drive whats on the lot. How long has the vehicle been titled in your name? We've all been to a rodeo and a state fair here, so don't insult our intelligence.

To prospective buyers, this might be a good deal. Dealers never sell anything with a "firm" price, everything is negotiable. You know the dealer paid well below wholesale for the car, so lowball him, he might bite. NADA trade in is 10,300 to 13,500.

Last edited by GBrewer; 10-29-2011 at 06:14 AM.
GBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote