Thread: ppi and repairs
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
sgt brad
02 box s

ppi and repairs

hello all,
i am new to the forum and am about to purchase my first boxster. it's coreseller's 02 s and appears to be in excellent condition. i am happy to be getting such a nice boxster and have intentionally paid a little more than maybe is necessary to get a car that i feel has been well maintained. i also thought i was getting a car with all of the problem areas addressed, but am finding that there seem to be endless areas on the 986 that need to be addressed.

i trust jake raby and know of him from back in my 914 days. he recommends a service to make the motors bulletproof. however, it's 6500.00. i have begun correspondence with jfp in pa as well, but don't want to be a pest to either raby or jfp. can anyone help with exactly what needs to be done to help ease the fears of grenading the motor.

the ims and rms have already been addressed. but it seems that tensioners, water pumps, etc. all seem to be lurking.

i am having a ppi done and was told to have the sump pulled, water pump changed, leakdown/comp test, etc. done as well as an overall inspection. is this reasonable? what is the recommended ppi procedure? thanks.

brad
sgt brad is offline   Reply With Quote