Thread: Boxster weights
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #6
j.fro
Rennzenn

Garage
Funny, the more I do, the more I forget that I've done! I've taken care of the exhaust: headers, Fabspeed bypass pipes, and a Borla muffler. I've also removed all of the stock sound deadener around the engine. The top transmissions and all hardware is gone, as are the clamshell linkages. It's now held in place with rubber tie-downs. I've also removed the rear trunk latch and cable, replacing that with aluminum pins. A CF or fiberglass hood may be in the future..
I plan to ditch the door & passenger airbags this winter, as soon as I can get a little quality time with a PST-II. The AC is also on the chopping block. If the PST-II has a disable feature for the secondary air injection, all of that will be gone as well.
I've heard that the rubberized undercoating is pretty heavy. Any thoughts on that?

My personal "rule" is that I can drive the car to and from autocrosses. That means keeping a VA inspection sticker. The folks I take it to aren't worried about the exhaust, but I can't have airbag lights on, and can't replace the steering wheel. I'm wondering what I could lose from the doors, but I think I'm stuck with the power windows, as I need some function there.
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote