View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
Spinnaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
For what it's worth, prior to the body kit install, I used a similar Porsche oem cover on my vehicle. And, quite honestly, I thought it was a bit harsh on the finish . The exterior of the cover was great in terms of protecting the vehicle from moisture, dust and debris ect.. However, there seemed to a lack of underlying soft material - necessary to protect key areas of the body from chafe .
The Covercraft Evolution has a soft white liner on the inside that works great, except it leaves white fuzz on the convertible top. I never put the cover on if the car is dirty to keep abrasive particles from getting imbedded into the lining and scuffing the finish. I get a lot of comments about how shiny the car is, and a lot of the non-Porsche people think the 12 year old car is new, even with 108k on it! Everone knows that a dark color car shows everything.
If the car is dirty, I wash it before putting the cover over it. Only wax it twice a year, once in the Spring, and once in the Fall.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 10-24-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote