View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Car Covers, advice appreciated

Evening, ladies and gents. Winter's rolling around, and I need a good quality car cover for the lady (newest member of the family, hasn't quite earned a space in the garage yet), and I am pretty much deciding between these two:

Boxster Silverguard Plus Cover
Boxster Silverguard Plus Cover - All Weather:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn

Covecraft Noah Car Cover
1997 Porsche Boxster Noah Car Cover - 950+ Reviews on Custom Covercraft Noah Car Covers & Best Prices - Videos & Installs

The cost between the two is basically the same since Suncoast charges enough shipping to make the pricese equal, and I know one is meant specifically for the car. So I'd like to hear some experience from folks who store their vehicle outdoors (I expect there aren't likely to be many of you).

Being in CT, I experience all four seasons, and none of them are nice about it. I pretty much cover the car whenever it's not being daily driven to protect it from both the sun and any bad weather that may come around. Unfortunately, the cover I had previously did not last (I got what I paid for). The elastic stretched, it tore, and it didn't do much to repel a lot of moisture, and even bled some of its blue color onto my old top. I certainly don't want this happening to my new top or any other part of the car, and would like to keep as much moisture away as possible. The old cover was better than nothing, but it was far from good.

If anyone has any alternatives that they use that are more cost effective and just as protective, please share.

Thanks in advance.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote