View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
RandallNeighbour

I've been to Seoul on business three or four times now. The Korean car companies have luxury models that are total knockoffs for Lexus and Mercedes top-of-the-line vehicles and are status symbols in the local marketplace. Dump your car allowance, if you are given one, into a used car like this and you'll enjoy sitting in traffic, of which there is plenty! They also get fairly good fuel economy and servicing them is easy.

Kia and Hyundai sell these large luxury cars, never seen on our shores. If I lived there, I'd own one, believe it or not. Now you would NEVER catch me owning one of these cars here in the US. I would rather ride a bus to work than drive one of the death traps these two companies export to the US.

It's so funny to me to drive around South Korea and see Daewoo cars... they only export fax machines to the US. It's like every company there makes everything one can think of from cars to guitars, from motorcycles to refrigerators, from fax machines to ???. And they don't brand them differently.

Let me close this little diatribe on Seoul with this: I hate the place and turned down the last invitation to go there and do some training... expensive, over-populated, and completely immoral despite all the churches one can find there.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 09-15-2005 at 09:19 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote