View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Davearino

2004 Boxster non-s

Hi All,
I am new to your forums and was looking for some help.

I have friend's car I am working on, The car is a 2004 boxster non-s built for PCA club racing. The only major engine mod is a new oil pan and electric oil pump. As well roll cage and allot of safety equipment.

So the two questions I have, The car has a leak in the power steering pump some place. I can see fluid on top of the block and under the pump running down the front of the block. I have disassembled the intake hoses that run on top of the engine to get a better look and can see fluid building up on top of the engine under the pump reservoir and we went through and cleaned it all up. I disassembled the top of the reservoir and checked the o-ring on the top part of the reservoir. I don't see or feel fluid coming out of the top part of the reservoir so I am wonder if it could be either the return line into the pump or the connection for the reservoir on the pump itself, Any direction you guys can point me at would be great before i tear the pump out.

The second question when i removed the air intake hoses from on top of the engine there was allot of engine oil build up in them, Just pooling. Do you think it is caused by the external pump pressure (82 psi is what it is set for) Or a different problem.

Thanks for any help,

Dave
Davearino is offline   Reply With Quote