View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
nefarious986

PCA-GGR DE #5 - Laguna Seca - Rules making my head spin !

Hey guys,

Interested in making this my first D/E but the rules are making my head spin. I apologize for such a long post but I have a lot of questions .. I'll try to organize it as best I can..

----------------------------

TECH FORM

I understand most of the stuff on the tech form here ( http://www.pca-ggr.org/files/pdf/DEeventtechform13.pdf ) .. EXCEPT ..

Competition Belts - comply with DE Minimum Standards/must replace every 5 years (2006 or newer) .. not sure if my OEM seat belt meet the standard or do I need race harness ? If yes, and I don't have race harness will I have to just sit out the timed run portion and end the day early or can I still run untimed ?

----------------------------

RULES + REGULATION FORM

The rules + regulations form here ( http://www.pca-ggr.org/files/pdf/GGR%202011%20AX-DE-TT%20Rules.pdf ) is quite a beast. I have spent 30+ minutes going through this and still am not sure if I need to do anything to be legal to compete .. I don't want to show up and find out I didn't wear the right color / material pants thus I can't participate .. hoping a season expert help me make sense of this stuff .. or atleast help me pass tech and get on grid.

I have:

1. Valid registration, insurance, driver license
2. Current PCA membership
3. Current medical insurance =)

I dont have:

1. Any special racing license
2. Any special racing insurance

My Boxster is pretty much OEM except for these mods:

1. Front bumper
2. Aftermarket rims
3. GT3 brake air duct
4. Stainless steel brakeline

My concerns so far:

Aftermarket rims ( page 6 of rule book ) - All wheels, other than Porsche OEM wheels, must meet SEMA spec 5‐1A or be subject to approval by the tech inspector .. What is SEMA specs 5-1A ? I have ebay rims .. they're not likely to be built to any specs .. LOL ?

OEM Boxster Rollcage is unpadded .. ( page 6 of rule book ) - Any portion of a roll bar/cage assembly within 12 inches of a driver's or passenger's head shall be padded.

OEM Seatbelt ( page 7 of rule book ) - Four‐, five‐ or six‐point harnesses (i.e. any harness system that restrains both shoulders and thereby keeps the driver’s torso upright) may be worn only in non‐open cars or in cars with an adequate roll bar or roll cage .. so I dont need a harness if I have a boxster ( open car ) ?

------------------------------

Thats what I got so far .. and this is already such a long post .. cant imagine what I missed because I didn't spend another 5 hours digging through the rules PDF.

Wish it was simple like A/X. Pay, show up, drive, pick up cones. LOL

Last edited by nefarious986; 10-11-2011 at 10:28 PM.
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote