View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
nefarious986

Questions for the A/X gods .. budgetting for wear and tear items

Hey guys ..

I'm planning to do a few more D/E and AX next year so I'm putting on my adult pants and budgeting for the wear and tear items.

Prices listed are for the entire PCA season of 10-11 events.

My estimates of how long they last are from what I THINK I read online, of course depending on how hard I drive, but in general let me know if its a good ballpark figure.

So .......................

Tires ( 2x sets of PS2 ) ~ $2400 ( OUCH! )

I currently run PS2 and am pretty happy with them BUT they are super expensive .. might go with a cheaper option since I'm still a newbie and wont be able to finesse every micro second out of these babies. From what I've heard with PS2 I would go through a set of rubber roughly every 5 track days ..

Brake Pads ( 2x set of brand X ) ~ $400

I currently run Textar OEM replacement from Pelican on both front and rear. I might go with a more track oriented brand like Pagid for my next set, but still need to do more research. Suggestions welcomed. Estimate that I'll be through a set every 5 trackdays also.

Brake Rotors (1x set of Balos ) ~ $250

I currently run Balos Coated OEM replacement from Pelican on both front and rear. I debated Zimmerman but for the price Balos are hard to beat! I think a set should last me a season.

Fluids (2x oil change + 2x brake fluid flush ) ~ $250

Planning to flushed brake fluids everytime I change brake pads ( roughly 5 track days ). Currently running ATE Super Blue with no issues.
Also I think I should also change the oil at the same time just to keep everything fresh. Currently using Motul.

Misc ~ $0 -> $500

For unexpected stuff like alignments ect ect

In total ...............................

Roughly $3300 to $3800 in disposable wear / tear cost each season .. or ~ $330 to $380 each event ..

Does this seem reasonable to you A/X god / goddesses ?

Last edited by nefarious986; 10-10-2011 at 08:35 PM.
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote