Thread: tires
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Bob O

You could also try Tire Rack. Look at the reviews and reports on the tires you might be interested in. It's a helpful site with lots of info.

And, just to start off the "discussion"....I recently got new 17s for my 986. Dunlop Direzza. I went with +1 size on the front to somewhat ease up on the understeer. I had them on during Boxstoberfest and combined with the trip from KC to Texas have put about 2000 miles on them. So far I like them a lot. Quiet (not as quiet as the Bridgestones I replaced but not bad), handle very well and seem to be good in the rain. We'll see this weekend how sticky they are....DE is coming up and I haven't yet (still) got the R's that I'm wanting. But my mechanic today commented on them while doing the inspection. He's using them on his car and loves them at the track. "If it rains this weekend, you'll be the fastest SOB there". We'll see! lol.

I think even if you don't track them they are well worh a look.

The only reason I'm commenting on them is they're pretty new and I don't think there's been much discussion about them on the forums. At least not that I could find.

Bob.
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote