View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
crumbum

PLEASE HELP: Coolant Leaks

I took my 2000 Boxster S for a little drive this morning. I planned to do an oil change (more on that in a separate posting) and went to get some supplies.

When I returned home, I noticed coolant dripping out from the left front (running out under the bumper). I said some choice words and then decided to look at it while the car is jacked up.

When I jacked the rear of the car up, I heard fluid running out from under the car. There was a HUGE leak in the right rear of the car. I popped the trunk lid and saw the coolant level drop and then stabilize.

Since then, it has been steadily dripping. I have a picture of the source (or what seems to be the source) of the leak. I have no idea what this part is (I think it might be associated with the water pump). I tightened the bolts, but no luck.

By the way, I removed the bolt and re-installed it to see if the dripping increases or decreases. No change. More choice words were spoken.

I have not looked at the leak at the front yet. I think it might be at the radiator.

Any suggestions?
Attached Images

crumbum is offline   Reply With Quote