View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson View Post
Pretty much any car that is balanced at high speed will push in slow speed corners, I know my '06 does. Letting of the gas will reduce plowing(understeer), not increase it. Just as turning in "on the gas" will increase corner entry understeer. The throttle reaction is more complex, and can cause understeer or oversteer, depending on the car, where you are in the corner (entry,mid, or exit), and how much throttle is applied.

Tire pressures will have some affect, my car has reduced push with lower pressures in the front, and higher in the rear. Just don't go much below the recommended pressure.
Thanks Stephen! See this is why I need to get a high mileage 2002 base for cheap...so I can track and learn this stuff. I think I turned in too early so had to increasing my steering. I was on the gas pretty light. I can't remember how much I had down shifted either. There is a similar turn that has a lot of room for mistakes that i always push my Boxster into hard, each time I learn a little more and get a little more confident. With the Boxster though I'm geared down to 2nd, turn in hard and start on the gas pretty good. Most of the time I just feel the whole car slide or I have started a little oversteer which I'm comfortable with. I love my car though and don't go hard enough to break loose and do a 360...though with my limited experience I'm not sure it even will. I need to just put the old 17s on and go down to Knights Stadium with the PCA guys and fly around the parking lot. The only car I ever did that with was a 1979 Ply Horizon with front wheel drive...talk about constant understeer...I hit more cones then I can count.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote