View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Drove a 2011 Cayman R for the first time.

..and boy was I surprised on a 90 degree at slow speed (35-40mph) when the front end plowed!! The owner who has tracked a lot in all sorts of Porsches said that was common and that I had to learn to tap the brakes to drop the front end. I've known about this driving technique for years but since I never track I haven't actually learned it. When I was growing up we would always drive some old American beast through snow packed roads and force a 'drift' situation (I'm originally from near Canada).

Here is what is interesting to me, my 2000 Boxster 'S' has never plowed on me, not once. Now with the Boxster it is manual (the Cayman is PDK) and I'm probably always accelerating into the 90 degree turn...I'm thinking what really happened was I let off the gas as I started the corner with the Cayman. Was just wondering what you experienced drivers could tell/teach me. The reason this is interesting to me is I thought the Cayman and Boxster pretty much were the same.

Oh also, here are some pics after I detailed her...full leather interior...she looked just beautiful.
Attached Images

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote