View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
Perfectlap

hold onto that puppy and treat it gingerly because I have a strong feeling that it will be very valueable at some point. If the original wheels are pristine wrap them up and beat on these 'updates'. I might buy a beater chair for the driver's side too and put the original in storage. Although its at the far end of the 911-993 time line these 993s are going to become cost prohibitive for most as restoration projects. The rest will be raced, or LA dismantled, that's sure to cut into supply and the availability of low cost parts. And the guys who can work on Porsches that you don't just plug into a computer for instructions on what to fix will become a rare and ageing breed -- high labor rates may come. My indy is usually booked solid. It sounds to me that your car is probably the best mix of a car with the round headlight air-cooled 911 look but still a fairly modern Porsche.
btw, Didn't the 993's use off the shelf Monroe's at one point when the company was really getting into trouble? That sounds bad but could be good for your wallet.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote