View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Spinnaker

When I first got my 2000S it would not shift into 2nd very well and would pop out of gear on occasion. Replaced the front motor mount and the shifting got a lot better and it doesn't pop out of gear anymore, but I still have to be careful to pause slighty between shifts to let the synchros catch up before shifting. The second gear is a common problem with the 6 speed tranny and you never know how the previous owner(s) treated the tranny. Check the shifting cable adjustment and the motor mount first before looking into replacing/rebuilding the transmission. If your car has a lot of miles, the front mount is most likely shot. It will be a lot cheaper than the tranny.
I used to do the 1 - 3 shift also, to avoid the 2nd gear issues. Still have to be careful most of the time going into 2nd, but at least I can still use it.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote