View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne+puppy
Hi overdrive I live 8 miles to the nearest Porsche garage but how can I get it to them when I cant get to the battery to charge it up ?
The car alarm wont turn off when you put the key in the ignition and turn it on I tried that
and how can I disconnect the battery when I cant get to it ?
I have a battery maintainer but its not much use when I cant open the bonnet lol
I think pjv's got you covered with his info above, but as far as going to the dealer, I'm not recommending that, just saying that they're not going to advise you on how you can help yourself, they're just going to tell you to bring it to them.

Once you connect the power source to that positive terminal in the fuse box you should get enough power to get the front trunk open, which would let you get to the battery and disconnect the negative, the alarm most likely blaring at you the whole time. If the switches aren't working though, then that's kind of an additional problem.

And I definitely recommend getting a cigarette lighter adapter for your battery maintainer, or getting one that is capable of doing so (Deltran's "Battery Tender, Jr." is great for this reason alone, in my opinion). This way you don't have to leave the hood open and prone to critters, and you can even close the door of the car and leave the maintainer hooked up (there's a small cutout in the weatherstripping on the bottom of the door jamb that will allow a power cord to come out without stopping the door from closing). Works great for me, especially since I can't garage my car.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote