View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Mrmaddbrad

Garage
Autocross and other quick questions!

Hello everyone! This is offcially my first post and I'm really just looking for some information from everyone here to make sure this is really the car i want (Which I'm pretty dang sure it is :P )

So first things first, does anyone autocross their base model 986's?? I know these cars are in C-stock along with the much less powerful but lighter Mazda Miatas. Do they seem to hold their own against them, and in general in the class?

Secondly, I'd love to know how high each gear will run. I really just need to know the first 2 or 3 gears. I'm assuming first will do about 45 mph in a base model, and slightly less than that in the 6 speed transmition.

Next, are there big websites on where to buy performance parts besides Pelicanparts? For isntance bavarian autosport is big for BMW's. Do such companies/websites exsist?

AND! Asside from racing, do you feel as though i'd be disspointed buying a base model instead of an S. I'm looking to spend less than $15,000 and i think if i bought a base model, i could put the minor modifications into that i would want instead of just leaving an S model stock.

Some one help me out a little bit :P

Thanks a ton!!
~Brad

Last edited by Mrmaddbrad; 09-12-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote