View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
entwistlea

Stereo Headunit replacement.. "challenges"

Had a good look around here and elsewhere on t'internet but can;t seem to find help on this one. I know that ICE upgrades are challenging ( my last boxster had BOSE !) but i'm just trying to do a simply headunit swap as i'm happy enough with the speakers, just want the ability for ipod and bluetooth..

I have a pioneer headunit and have got the "correct" adaptor to alledgedly make it a simple swap job, but of course nothing is ever that easy.

The car is a 2001 Boxster with Amp and 4 speakers, but not BOSE or MOST. I've connected the headunit up via the connector adaptor, it powers and plays and i get sound out the top right speaker, but not the other 3. The adaptor has 4 audio leads that connect to the headunit and the adaptor converts them into the wiring harness to the amp. I've swapped the audio plus around, but no matter which way ( FL, RL, RR, FR)... i still only get sound out the front right speaker ( whith high pitched engine interferance through the left)... I've connected teh becker back up and all 4 work as normal...

Anyone else had this issue, any help much appreciated !!

Andy
entwistlea is offline   Reply With Quote