View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
ubii

Waiting sucks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicepro
Snap "ubii". i'm also renting mine on tuesday for the exact same reason, i'm taking it to CT auto in campell ca. same situation dealer found metal flakes in oil filter along with some excess vibriation from the engine.
Any news on on your car yet? Mine is still in the shop and I am hoping to get it back on Tuesday. When they dropped the sump cover, they did not find any metal debris, but did find plenty of brown plastic chunks. The chain tensioner paddles were all ate up, so they replaced them. The IMS bearing was showing signs of failure, as there was bearing debris present, when they removed it. The clutch was pretty much toast, so they replaced it as well. I decided to have them install a LN Engineering 160F low temperature thermostat and a RSS lightweight underdrive pulley. I had previously planned on installing these myself, but since they already had everything torn apart, I just had them do it. Once the last of the parts arrive on Monday, they will start working on re-installing the engine and transmission.