View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #14
Jager

Garage
Are you ready to add major excitement in your life? To increase your heart rate permanently? If you have not test driven one of these cars you are in for a treat. It will put a permanent smile on your face because it will perform unlike anything you have experienced before. It might be difficult but take your time shopping, get a feel of the market (use the web - autotrader and cars.com), determine the color combinations and wheels you want before you touch one because the first Boxster you test drive is the one you will want to buy! Continue asking members of this forum questions, it has some of the most knowledgeable guys in the world when it comes to Porsches and Boxsters. As for IMS issues there are a couple things you need to do… Drive the car hard, change the oil frequently and inspect the oil filter for particles. If you are up to the challenge (and feel the need) go ahead and replace/upgrade the bearing assembly yourself, there are a lot of guys here to help you through it. If you have someone else do it, it will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $4000 because you will want to replace the clutch, rear main seal and possibly the flywheel since you are in there. I have 220,000 miles on my Boxster (original motor); I replaced my IMS bearing at 210,000 miles only because members of this forum convinced me that I was pushing my luck (we will never know now!).

A final note… Photos are a must… We need to see what you are writing about!

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote