View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #6
9000RPMan

As a former owner of a 2000 S2000, anyone who says they are not great sportscars either hasn't driven it correctly, or has no idea what a true sportscar is. While there is no torque below 6,000, from there to 9,000 its a screamer! The shifter is better than any other shifter I have ever owned (Miata, NSX, 2 RX-7s, STi). I have never driven a car where the front end could not come unglued, and the rear end was so easy to unglue. That car is evil in the wet, but oh so fun if you know what you are doing! Also, I would get 25mpg in it, although the least I got was 15mpg on a tank as I was REALLY getting into it during that tankful! :-) It was a little tight for me, as I am 6 foot, and 240 pounds, and the interier was a little bland, but it was very well put together and totally reliable. As for the electronics, they are way ahead of Porsche on reliability and technology. I am not dissing my Boxster, and in many ways the Boxster is a better car, but for the money, the S2000 is an incredible buy.
9000RPMan is offline   Reply With Quote