View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #45
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado
I have a 2000 Boxster.......my car(women driver) is my every day car in Dallas Tx...so my concerns are a tire that holds up to the heat and has traction in the rain. I do not race but have a heavy foot and tend to always drive over the speed limit. Texas some times has hard rains and this last year 104 temps and snow twice (which is unusual). The HTR Z III was recommended but would rather spend more if I am not going to be safe in the rain...but will also be sad if I spend a bunch of money for a tire that wears quickly. Had Toyos from Kaufman Tire who is no longer in business....belts had separated in the back tire and then this last weekend I had a blow out on the highway...so need to get all or at least two. Any comments would be appreciated...
My Sumi's were very good in dry and ok in the rain. If you get a lot of standing water when it rains there may be a couple better choices: Hankook V12 are about the same price and better in the rain. Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec might be the best rain tire I ever used and they are amazing on hot dry pavement as well. Dunlop Star Specs will not last as long as the Sumi's and are a bit more money.