Thread: Vacuum Leak
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
ProjectM96

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho
To be honest, I had trouble stopping laughing after reading your post. Sorry, but it's true.

I agree with you that a smoke machine analysis is highway robbery, but please, anything that you burn inside of your engine to create smoke is not good. It will only deposit all kinds of soot and crud in the intake.

I haven't tried it, but what about slightly pressurizing the intake, and I mean very slightly, spraying soapy water around the connections and looking for bubbles which will show the leak?

Or, if you can hear the leak, use a section of flexible tubing as a stethoscope to hunt down the leak. Even the slightest leak will be pretty loud.
Yeah I tend to come up with the cheapest and most ghetto repairs. I will definitely try that soap idea. As for the smoke bomb and scent sticks, I am pretty sure they are harmless. If kids are allowed to breath it in, it must be safe for an engine to breath in for a couple of minutes.

Instead of paying $100+ to fix my inside door handle, which does not close back and leaves window open a bit, I used Velcro. The 3M Velcro holds the handle shut so that the window goes all the way back up. And it cost me $2 at Arts & Crafts Store.

Instead of buying $35 bumper plugs to plug up the license plate holes in bumper, I would go to arts & crafts store and buy the same thing for $2. -Only works if your car is black because they only sell black plastic plugs/caps.

Last edited by ProjectM96; 08-26-2011 at 01:47 PM.
ProjectM96 is offline   Reply With Quote