Thread: 'Zaino' Boxster
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
donv

Thumbs up 'Zaino' Boxster

Hi Folks,

I finally got around to using more of the skills/techniques/products I learned at the GBBG spring detailing event to fully clean up my 2001 Lapis Blue Boxster... as you may remember, this car had been 'customized' by the dealership (within my first month of ownership) with fine scratches all over the surface as part of their 'free service' car wash . Thanks to Charlie's demonstration of the P21S Paintwork Cleanser product, I had the confidence to try it on my car to see if I could fix the scratching. Now almost all the scratches are gone - and you really need to look close to see the very few which remain! Between the P21S cleaner and a little clay work around the rocker panels, the paint surface came out incredibly smooth!

As mentioned at the spring event, I had already purchased and planned to use the Zaino Show Car Polish line (http://www.zainobros.com) for the finish coats on my car. Several folks at the event mentioned interest in hearing how it worked out. Well, I followed through on the Zaino plan and applied the two-stage regimen of Polish Lok and Z-2 Show Car Finish over the newly smoothed paint this past Saturday. I'm really pleased with the results, with the recommended second coat of Z-2 still left to go... You can judge the result for yourself via the pictures attached.

Thanks to Charlie, Rey (& Juliette) and John for the tips - I hope to have an opportunity to show the 'Zaino outcome' at an upcoming ride to those interested.

Have a great 4th!
Don
donv is offline   Reply With Quote