View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
Dale_K

My car only measures 21 milliamps when I thought I had a parasitic drag, so my car was actually OK, thank goodness. I checked mine after being shut down for 2 hours so the trunk light was off even though the front trunk lid was open. I checked mine by hooking up a temporariy battery in the cigarette lighter that's meant to be used during a battery replacement to retain the radio functions, etc. Then I disconnected the negative post on the battery and hooked up my meter to the post on one side and the battery cable on the other. Then I unhooked the temporary battery gizmo from the cigarette lighter socket and read the multi-meter.

You'd expect a genuine draw to be on a system that is functional regardless of key position. Front and rear trunk lights are possibilities and maybe the power seats. I don't know what else is on all the time, even after the 2 hour shutdown timer that kills the power to some stuff.

I guess if you checked by pulling the fuses you'd first have to pull the fuse for the interior lights because they're going to come on when you open the doors and you can't pull the fuses with the doors closed (maybe a midget could do it).
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote