View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #9
mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller
MTS, you and I corresponded during your IMS issue via PM's. I remember your comments regarding the 993's (I'm looking to go in the same direction towards the 993) overall engineering and layout, specifically underneath.

If you pull the trigger on one it would be interesting to hear your comments, especially for those of us contemplating the air cooled jump. Good Luck

Will do. The few 993's I've driven so far feel like they are constructed like tanks compared to the Boxster. In some ways I like this in some ways I don't.

My biggest issue now is trying to figure out what kind I want. I've always been a drop top person, but after living with the super slick Boxster top the last 4 years I'm not sure if I can deal with going back to a plastic rear window and boot cover.

I drove a 993 Targa recently and I think that is where I might go. They are a little rare so a good one will be harder to find, but I like the fact that you don't see very many of them. Of course a nice widebody coupe with a sunroof wouldn't be bad either. Too bad they never made a Targa in the widebody.

Here is a pic of a Targa at the recent P2O event. Pretty good looking car.
Attached Images

2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote