View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
mts

Saying Goodbye - Boxster S Sold

I sold the 2004 Boxster S on Friday. It will be missed, but it was time to make the sale. From formal listing to sale it was less than 2 weeks and I had two back-up buyers if the first one fell through at my asking price of $31,900. My car was exceptionally clean, but I was still very surprised I had that I had that much interest in it that quickly in this economy. I didn't ask top dollar, but rather what I thought was a fair price (slightly over KBB private party excellent) and apparantly I was on the low side. Oh well. It was worth a little lower price to me to avoid a prolonged sales experience and having to talk to/haggle with people too much. I listed it here, on Rennlist and Autotrader, but that's it.

I have decided to turn back the clock a bit and get the air-cooled 911 marked off my bucket list and will be looking for a 1996-1998 993. Probably a Targa as they are just a little unusual with that glass roof and kind of hard to find.

I am sure I will be back in a Boxster of some sort at some point in the future. It really is a terrific platform and from my initial drives in 993's I think my 2004 Boxster S is a better driver. Still, the 993 itch needs to be scratched for better or worse.

I did have a couple issues during my Boxster ownership (including the dreaded IMS failure) and this forum was extremely valuable in helping me sort through some things and figure out possible fixes. It's certainly the best Boxster forum out there hands down.
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote