View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #8
Mandrew1
2003 Boxster S

Garage
@ Overdrive - they initially lay flat, but I DO store them in the easy-bake-oven-rear-trunk, so that theory does hold weight. They have always been stored there, however, from the previous owner, so maybe I havent been loading them correctly, and this with the combination of the heat did a number on the driver's side hump. I followed the "manual" (really a Porsche factory spec/parts sheet included with them) on how to properly load them, but it always seemed a tight fit.

@ J Tinsby - They have gotten worse then when I first bought the car, so clearly something has changed. The pics actually overstate the problem (from a close distance, you might be hard pressed to tell the difference), but I suspect most of us are picky bastards when it comes to everything involved with our Porsches. :-) I may try to let gravity work for me with a book or something on top of the offending hump and see if we can't get it a little closer to original spec.

You are correct, they take a car that already gets looks and turn it into a head turner - I think many folks arent even sure exactly what it is when they are installed (the closest thing they may have seen with such a design element might be a Ferrari in the movies or such).

Thanks to all for their thoughts on this strange issue...
Attached Images

Mandrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote