View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Sounds like a nice list of "repairs" to have, whip.

Let's see, been about a thousand miles since the IMS and RMS replacement, filter and MAF replacement, and the new top. Still have the CEL that occurred before those came around, but I'll have to report back here once the car is problem free to see how far I go.
Ok we are talking "Repairs"...I break stuff down to the following categories:

"Repairs" - Actual things that break and have to be fixed.

"Maintenance" - Schedule stuff, wear and tear items (brakes, rotors, wipers, polishing back window).

"Preventative Maintenance" - Things are would fall into the category of Repair or Maintenance if I wanted to wait, but since I 'like' working on the car I do them early. I've done a lot of this, gives me that 'new' car happiness. . Oh I will do the RMS and IMS in the fall, don't have to but heck stay ahead of the curve.

"Modifications" - Things like new rims, painting bumperettes, spacers, smoked lights...the list goes on.

All said and done we are talking $$$$.$$, from a repairs point of view the car has been fantastic even with the previous owner...knock on wood I hope it stays that way. Interestingly the following list are all the "Repairs" the car has had, most of them occurred very early in it's life, they seem like quality assurance stuff during manufacturing:

Fender Liners
Hi and Low Tone Horn
Radio
Battery
Oxygen Sensor 2
Warranty Battery
Rear CV Boots
Low Tone Horn
Air Mass Sensor MAF
Odometer Bulb (tan)
Rear Trunk Shocks
Convertible Latch Rivets