View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
Mr. Boone

Thanks for the story. I have had few nightmare cars of my own. Sounds like you are doing OK if you only have $21K in it, excluding the aggravation factor. especially since you got a brand new power plant. There is some value there! Thank God the car found its way to someone who would take care of it. Thanks again for making public your gained knowledge. This is the stuff you cannot get anywhere else. There are allot of people out these who don't get that sharing of knowledge concept.

My new car seems to be OK for the most part. Runs extremely strong. Needed brake pads which I have replaced. Also needed 30K Maintenance which I had the dealer do some of (never again) and I did the rest. Rear window was separating from the top. This was also a Warrantee issue. Coolant bottle had a crack (done under warrantee as well) Like this tread got started, car needs TLC for the paint. Also needs the windshield trim replaced due to oxidation of same. I have another local dealer who says he will do this under warrantee am also looking into repairs for the scratches on the rims. I take a lot of pride in bringing my cars back to life. I have had many including an 2001 BMW M5, 87 Carerra and a 1970 914. This 2002 Boxster S is my favorite out off all of them. I am looking forward to taking care of it as well as driving it!
Mr. Boone is offline   Reply With Quote