View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Porsche Enthusiast

JFP HELP! DURAMETER QUESTION NO BANK 2 actuator

The Saga continues...

So to recap I thought the chain tensioner went bad, and didn't have the proper tools for diagnosis. I bought a durameter to read the car.

So I get it in the mail, loadup m laptop, take it out to the car and run the short diagnostic test. I can't figure out how to post photos, so I can only describe under the available Actual Values, when I scroll down, only camshaft position 1 deviation is indicated as a check box.. THERE IS NO Camshaft Position 2 deviation there to test!

Since I didn't have the right equipment before, we went through needless time trouble and expense of guessing wrong, on the right track but for the wrong reason.
Wish I spent the money on the right tools before I went to all that trouble. Anyone reading this, get a durameter, very cheap compared to a screw up like this.

So now I am lost, what would be the most likely cause that the software can't pick up the camshaft position 2 deviation isn't showing up? Could this be something as stupid as a loose connection? As far as I know there are no electrical issues to speak of.

Any guides on where to find this sensor. A pic is worth thousand words.
Porsche Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote