View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #1
Mr. Boone

Paint Care for Black S

Just bought my first Boxster. I love this thing. Had a 1987 Carrera and I like the Boxster better for many reasons. Anyone willing to share their secrets on removing the spider webs and microscopic pits in the clear coat I inherited from the former owner would be greatly appreciated. This is my first black car. I have already got it looking a lot better by using a Maguire’s 3 step product (Wax Cleaner, polish and Carnauba wax) I am also using another Maguire’s product called Showtime that you spray on and wipe off with a micro fiber towel. Next step is to find a good detailer that will use some professional polishing products to really get into the clear coat (I am assuming thre car has a clear coat) and get the scratches out. Car looks great in the right light. Look at it closely at high noon on a sunny day and the imperfections seem to jump out at you. tiny pits that are only in the clear coat? and spider webs mostly. Anyone ever had the whole clear coat re-shot?. This may be necessary. Since I purchased te car I have been looking closely at a lot of different high end black cars ( BMR,s, Mercedes, Porsches ect) and I have determined that almost all of them suffer from this problem as well. Since the car is a driver for me I guess I have to realize that these things are inevitable. Suggestions on treatment are very welcome.
Mr. Boone is offline   Reply With Quote