View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
ericbythebay

Yes, it is a small world. Sorry to hear about your Boxster! Glad to here Carmax backs up there vehicles. I looked at there as well, but just thought they were a little expensive, and wouldnt haggle...I think I paid a fair price and honestly, I would have paid asking as I wanted that car, color/options and low mileage. I did a car fax on the and it was maintained by Harper Porsche in Knoxville since new and it got 2OK service from the dealer in July. Not sure why somebody would trade in a car that was so meticulously maintained. It got oil changes once a year and nothing was overlooked. I bet they are regretting it, or maybe there is something I dont know... I have the funds for normal items, but I (after reading the boards) wanted the big ticket items covered. Dealerships I hope wouldnt sell a warranty that causes a lot of problems to the buyer. I discussed this very thing with Porsche of Livermore and was advised the owner of the dealership also owns the Jag/Bentley/Sports car store in San Francisco. He wouldnt offer a product to people buying a car like these that wasnt reputable. They also want the business as most of the people would bring car into there dealer for service and warranty work. They certainly dont want the customer telling them "you recommended the warranty and you sell it" Why do you sell it if its no good? Hopefully, I dont have to use it for big ticket items. I am though a little concerned about 3 dealerships selling same warranty and such a price variation. I went onto www. Yelp.com and found out which dealer was providing best service. I gotta admit all 3 had 4 stars which is pretty good. I am going to bring up these items tomorrow with Carlsen Porsche and see if they are covered under the JM &A warranty company. I also today got another 5 calls from Direct Warranty wanting me to sign up with them....
ericbythebay is offline   Reply With Quote