View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
ericbythebay

Boxster/ Warranty

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Carmona Red Boxster ! I actually got it in Knoxville Tennessee from www.usimotors.com (see pics on site). It has 17,700 miles. I paid 27.5k and that was with some negotiation. I like to negotiate and I think thats part of the fun!I only wanted that color with either gray or black interior. It happened and I bought it. Nice dealership and they only sell high end cars (Bentleys, Ferrari, Maserati) I bought it on line. I had the car shipped to San Francisco. I got to see it and drive it for the first time last Saturday. Nice, nice car. Shipper was great (Grand Tourismo) and got it out here in 1 week.

I have decided to buy a warranty. I have been reading about the problems these cars can have. I just dont have big bucks for repairs, so want the insurance...Plan on keeping the car a long time. I started doing a warranty search, and seems nobody really has a good reputation (or people certainly like to complain about them). I got a quote from Easy Care 4/48k warranty $5400, then Direct Buy warranty $2700- Lets talk about these people for a moment...Offering same type of warranty ( I think anyway) and if I purchased it by 3pm today they would add another year of warranty or 5/60k, plus throw in some other freebies...I started this morning before I left from work. I finally put my phone on vibrate as a diff rep would contact me every hour (lol). Any thoughts? I was picking up on something isnt right...or they were having a sale on warranties.Go figure!

Now for all you people in SFBay Area you will find this interesting. I went to Rector Porsche(Burlingame) and they sell a warranty JM&A Group. I am quoted $3602 for Gold Plus 4/48 (250 ded) Called Livermore Porsche and they sell same warranty. Here is where it gets interesting. I was offered the Platinum plan (better than Gold plus) 4/48k $3500. (1k difference and better coverage)

Any experience with these warranty companies? Other warranty companies you might suggest? Thanks/Eric
ericbythebay is offline   Reply With Quote