View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
rdougan

I think I'm ready to sell my Boxster..

Since I bought my S a few months ago, I've had nothing but issues. I managed to get it for a fairly cheap price, but I don't think it makes up for the issues I've had, never mind the ongoing issues.

What I've had to do so far:
  • Replace the clutch
  • Replace the flywheel
  • Replace the transmission main shaft seal, twice
  • Replace the Air/Oil seperator

And the remaining major issues:
  • Transmission rear main shaft seal seems to be leaking still, or at least, gear oil is getting out somehow (picture below)
  • Neither windows work (tried fixing the door lock mechanism, have to try and replace them now)
  • Drivers door interior handle has a broken spring, needs replaced
  • The handbrake switch it faulty, so the roof doesn't always go down (I have the switch, but haven't replaced it yet)
  • The alarm doesn't work (I think it is because of the windows)
  • Airbag light is on
  • I need to clean the MAF; idle issues + hesitation when accelerating (when cold) (which the Air/Oil separator didn't fix)
  • Had a few CEL light appearances (misfire; never happened again. throttle control issues; which hasn't happened again)
  • There must be an alignment issue as the whole car is shaking quite a bit over 70mph
  • IMS needs to be replaced
  • Random pipe from engine (picture below)

Never mind all the little niggles which are mostly cheap, but time consuming:
  • No floor mats
  • Interior lights don't work
  • Headlight adjustment sensor on back wheel is broken
  • Needs a new radio, as the buttons are sticky (tried cleaning them) and the iPod cable doesn't work on it for some unknown reason
  • Speakers need to be properly installed as the previous owner down a bodge job
  • Window + heated seat switches are a little sticky
  • Passenger side seat reclining switch is broken
  • Dash is wrinkly, could do with a replacement
  • The bolt that goes into one of the rear struts is wrung; needs to be re-threaded
  • Wheels look sexy but they are in awful condition. They need to be reconditioned
  • Key is missing the badge + no spare keys
  • Centre ashtray is broken, needs to be replaced

Now, I don't mind having some issues, but when there are so many, and so many things keep popping up which are mechanical (and critical to get fixed), it is just like a continuous cycle of spending money. And I've only had the car a few months!

I've no idea what to do right now. I'm just about loosing patience with it, even though I love her..

And a few pictures mentioned above:

rdougan is offline   Reply With Quote