View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
442nd986s

Don't do it, you'll be disappointed with Bose

Aside from voltage, current, and impedance (ohms), you will be very disappointed on the sound coming from the Bose speakers.
I only tell you this because I'm an audio guy and worked with Bose products for 8 years.
Bose speakers sound great only when they are in their natural enviorment (parameters). In order to make them sound like they were intended to, you must them their basic needs. I.E. DSP (digital signal processor), eq, crossovers.
Bose isn't know for kick ass bass, they are known for loudness and clarity. This is done by keeping them in their frequency sweet spot.
A typical human ear can hear from 20hz (low bass) to 20Khz (high pitch). A SUB WOOFER range goes down to 15hz to 120hz. A WOOFER range is 120hz to 700hz. A MIDRANGE speaker from 700hz to 8khz. A tweeter range is 8k to 20khz.
With that being said......A 5 inch Bose speaker is considered a HIGH midrange speaker (estimated 1k-8khz) in a normal enviorment. The speaker will sound terrible/distorted (possibly blow it) if you allow frequencies outside of its range. This is why Bose speakers ALWAYS use some sort of DSP, eq, crossovers. To place the speaker in its "sweet spot" and eliminate unwanted frequencies, thus reducing distortion and increasing clarity.
The Porsche Bose rear unit that you aquired was made to work in conjunction with the DSP unit and/or amp in the car. Connecting the speakers to your non Bose amp and/or head unit will only bring you disappointment. Yes sound will come out, but "BOSE QUALITY" will not. You will get KRACO sound :ah:
If I can be of further help, let me know.
442nd986s is offline   Reply With Quote