Thread: Brake Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
shlim8

Previously I was on stock 2.7l brakes with textar pads and zimmerman rotors (standard ones). My setup was pretty new, as I just put them in 6 months ago.

Have just done my front S brakes conversion.

Firstly the S brakes (same as the 996 fronts) are directly bolt on. Am now on textar pads and Pagid cross drilled rotors. The rotors are about 4mm thicker and the calipers a good size bigger.

The biggest change I've noticed is the initial bite of the brakes... it's much more progressive than my stock ones... Much more confidence inspiring.. Previously, the initial bite was lacking, then I press harder and end up stopping more than I intended (especially since mines a tip and the tip box also downshifts to assist). Maybe it's just me, but the S brakes conversion is definitely worth the money, although I don't track but do fast fast highway driving. But I regret not getting all the calipers painted first.... now I've got 2 reds and 2 blacks.

Can't tell if the utimate braking power is better or not though as I'm letting it bed in first.. But the stock 2.7l brakes was not exactly lacking in ultimate braking power.
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote