View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
jcb986

In my experience with clutches and this goes back to my hot rod days. When revving the engine and letting out the clutch you get a point of slippage this then can cause hot spots on the pressure plate and the flywheel and usually will fade away after the engine "clutch assembly" warms up. Basically hot rodding and usually us guys like to get it on. Also, the other forum members have some good point of views. If it's an oil leak from the IMS or rear seal, you should have an oil leak so check under the engine. As I understand it, the clutch usually needs to be replaced once it has about 70K miles on it. City driving can wear on it faster.

Yeah, that is why I got one with a TIP.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote