View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
funkdefino

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman
Why is that?
Because Porsche will most likely price the Baby Boxster higher than it should be, probably very close to the current price of a Boxster Base today.

Because I would rather spend my money on a platform that has proven itself. VW's TSI and TDI engines are solid and with a simple ECU flash quite peppy. Porsche has shown me with the M96 that customers come last.

Because I'd feel better about a 30K-40K Daily driver that I can lease for next to nothing drive 15K a year with full warranty and full service all included. For a few hundred $$ more I can tack on an insurance policy that protects me from lease return issues.

Don't get me wrong. I can't wait to see what Porsche has in store for the BB, but personally? I think they are convoluting the line.

I think they should simply redesign the current Boxster with a new flat four lighter more powerful engine. Make the S turbo charged and call it a day. While they are at it? Lower the price a little...

Let's get back to what the Boxster was supposed to be about. A light, fun, no frills roadster.
funkdefino is offline   Reply With Quote