Thread: Wet seats
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Viper5

Wet seats

I have discovered that my driver seat carpet (in the back) is wet. This has happened before but I found out too late. By that time my alarm was going all crazy on its own and the doors were locking/unlocking like crazy. Turns out the alarm system had fried due to water damage. Fortunately, I was able to get all the damage covered by insurance.

I haven't been home in about 2 weeks and had forgotten to put the cover on the car. I am in florida and there has been a lot of rain here almost daily. I took my car out today for a spin and was curious about the carpet and sure enough it is wet again. I can't detect any damage yet, but I really don't want to deal with it. When I took the car in to the dealership last time because of the damage, they cleaned out the drains. How can I do this? Also, it's only on the drivers side.

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but I was recently working on the car and accidentally tore off about 2 inches of part 996-572-931-00 (cowl gasket for windshield) on the drivers side. Not sure if this is related or not since 2 inches seems pretty small when you consider the entire length of the windshield.

Any help or reference to a walkthrough would be appreciated.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote